3.30.2006

name that tune!

i'm a flake and completely forgot to post the answers. sorry about that!

jumping on the bandwagon...

here are the rules in case you haven't played the game. below are the first lines to 20 different songs. name the artist and the title for "full" credit. keep it fair by not googling or looking up the lyrics. have fun!

it must be noted -- i'm too poor for an ipod. so this list is from my mp3's on my old desktop...which i have not used or downloaded music to in 3 years. so don't laugh at my cheesy music! also, some of the lyrics are harder than others so for those, i put 2 lines.


  1. You have to swear/You've got love to love me. rules by shakira -- niki
  2. I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean. blue jean blues by zz top -- sibil
  3. Not 'til you halo all over me. all neon like by bjork -- sibil
  4. Learn to lose, it's easier that way/We've paid our dues, but we can't make life pay. Everything is new again by Bare naked ladies -- niki
  5. if shame had a face I think it would kind of look like mine. sick cycle carousel by lifehouse -- niki
  6. And the embers never fade in my city by the lake. tonight, tonight by smashing pumpkins -- sibil (i love this song too!)
  7. Now in my younger days I used to sport as shag/When I went to school I carried lunch in a bag -- PASSING ME BY by PHARCYDE
  8. Past the road to your house that you never called home. Desperately wanting - Better than Ezra
  9. When you’re weary, feeling small/When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all -- Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel -- niki (which version??? only the best!)
  10. I am a man cut from the know. breaking the girl by red hot chili peppers -- sibil
  11. I know there's something in the wake of your smile. listen to your heart by roxette (i know, i know!) -- niki
  12. Yo I'm in the eye of the storm, where the pressure's on. adrenaline by the roots -- sibil
  13. I am the only one to blame for this. worlds apart by jars of clay -- niki
  14. I looked out the window and seen his bald head. egg man by beastie boys -- sibil
  15. I long for the warmth of days gone by. 4 seasons of loneliness by boyz ii men -- niki
  16. The way you're bathed in light reminds me of that night/god laid me down into your rose garden of trust and I was swept away -- DOLPHINS CRY by LIVE
  17. If you wait for me then I'll come for you/Although I've traveled far, I always hold a place for you in my heart. The Promise by Tracy Chapman -- niki
  18. Nothing's so loud as hearing when we lie. all i want -- toad the wet sprocket -- sibil
  19. Even if I am in love with you/ All this to say, what's it to you?/Observe the blood, the rose tattoo -- MARLENA ON THE WALL by SUZANNE VEGA
  20. When you were here before/Couldn’t look you in the eye/You’re just like an angel -- CREEP by RADIOHEAD

8 Comments:

At Thu Mar 30, 02:09:00 AM, Blogger Scorps1027 said...

#2-ZZ Top-Blue Jean Blues
#3-Bjork-All Neon Like
#4 Barenaked Ladies-Everything Old is New Again
#6 Smashing Pumpkins- Tonite, Tonite (I LUV this song!)
#10 Red Hot Chili Peppers-Breaking the Girl
#12 The Roots-Adrenaline
#14-Beastie Boys-Eggman or Eggmen?
#18-Toad the Wet Sprocket-All I Want

 
At Thu Mar 30, 09:45:00 AM, Blogger cookiemonsta said...

#1 Rules by Shakira
#4 You learn by Alanis Morissette
#5 Sick cycle carousel by Life house
#11 Listen to your heart... aahh i love that song.. but i have NO idea which version you have :)
#15 - Four seasons of loneliness by Boys II men

 
At Thu Mar 30, 10:04:00 AM, Blogger kovoor36 said...

i suck at these games!!

 
At Thu Mar 30, 10:21:00 AM, Blogger happy roy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thu Mar 30, 10:27:00 AM, Blogger happy roy said...

nice job sibil! i'm very impressed that you recognzed one of my favorite songs -- egg man!

niki-- clearly we have the same cheesy taste in music. #4 was wrong. and you're right about #11, but just guess an artist! here's a hint, this song list is four years old so it can't be a new version.

nin -- don't worry, it's an old song list. most of the artists are very mainstream but the songs may not have received much airplay. mainstream.

 
At Thu Mar 30, 11:27:00 AM, Blogger cookiemonsta said...

#11 Could it be Roxette?
#13 Worlds apart by Jars of Clay

 
At Fri Mar 31, 02:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8- Desperately wanting - Better than Ezra

That might be it for me. I really lurve this game!!

 
At Fri Mar 31, 05:19:00 PM, Blogger cookiemonsta said...

#4 - Everything is new again by Bare naked ladies
#9 - aaah Bridge over trouble water. Which version my dear? hehe
#17 - The promise by Tracy Chapman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home