1.27.2006

happy chinese new year!

ok so i'm 27 days late with my new year's resolution but considering that the chinese are celebrating the year of the dog tomorrow, i figure it's never too late to make some resolutions for the year. as such, here are some goals i'd like to accomplish for 2006:

  1. be more regular in my blogging/flogging. i say that i'd like to be a writer but i do nothing about it. i have a journal in which i never write and i mentally compose snippets that i'd like to put on paper but i never do it. i'm resolving to taking more opportunities to make myself write. even if it's crap, i'm going to try to affix my thoughts to paper/laptop so that at least i'm exercising my mental muscles.
  2. be a better friend. this includes getting to all the phone calls/emails i'm so terrible at returning. there's really no reason for be me so lax in my correspondence. i'm just a flake and if i don't call or respond immediately, i completely forget to do so.
  3. be a better daughter. i've heard such horror stories from already and soon-to-be married friends about how much turmoil they endured in midst of wedding planning. i don't know if it's because i'm a fatalist, but i've been pleasantly surprised by how smoothly wedding-planning has gone so far. my parents have been absolutely awesome to the point that i hardly recognize them. i feel so grateful that i want to be a better daughter and sister so that i can try to deserve an iota of the grace and love they've bestowed on me.
  4. be a better girlfriend/fiance. just b/c i've snared george doesn't mean that i can start taking him for granted.
  5. improve my health. i've lost 13 pounds but i've got 25 more to go if i want to be healthy. actually, scratch that, i can be healthy if i lose another 15 pounds, but my goal is to lose a total of 25 more. i think i'd be at my optimum physical and mental state at that point. i want to feel fit and limber and the best i've ever felt. that way when i'm 40, i can look back and say, oh to be in my mid 20's again. ;) (it doesn't hurt that with a set wedding date in mind, i have a definite date by which to reach my goal of health and fitness).
  6. edumacate myself. i used to be quite the reader of all things educational. lately all i've been reading is either rubbish, sensational, the latest thriller/tearjerker or something equally ephemeral. i *need* something mentally challenging to sustain me.

that's it for now. i'm sure this list will expand thru the months for but now, i think these are some reasonable goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home